Prairie Wind continues to employ thorough CDC-endorsed cleaning and sanitizing practices. In addition to sanitizing the bathroom, bedroom, workroom, and the living room commonly touched surfaces, linens are washed in hot temperatures between guests' uses and rooms, the retreat center is refreshed consistently by an air exchange system. We encourage mask use for nonfamily unit members and ask guests to use cautious and safe guidelines in sharing spaces with nonfamily members.
However, we have not chosen to close our doors during this time (which the state has not mandated us to do,) but we ask our customers to follow the latest MN COVID-19 Guidelines and mandates, including deciding to stay home from your retreat IF you are symptomatic, testing positive, or have been exposed to COVID and are still within the quarantine time period.
If your retreat has to cancel their plans due to COVID exposure and symptoms, cancellation penalties will be waived, except for the initial $50 deposit - which can be applied to another date within a year. In addition to this, when your group has dropped below the required minimum rate, please contact Prairie Wind to discuss payment allowances that may be considered.
- When making group reservations, one guest will serve as "Group Contact Person" and be asked to handle all communications between Prairie Wind and the registering group for their accommodations.
- To make general inquiries or questions about special circumstances? Click here: Contact Form
- Meals are not included for weekend retreats. Guests bring their food or go out for their meals. Kitchen service, preparation utensils, and supplies are provided.
- The first 5 guests will each have a bed of their own in rooms 1 and 2, but if one of those guests wants an additional room to themselves, then there will be an additional $25 plus tax for the cleaning fee/weekend charged for the use of the extra room.
- We are a smoke-free facility. Smoking is permitted outside only.
- Sorry, no dogs or pets are allowed in the retreat center in respect of those with allergies.
- Prairie Wind ownership reserves the right to enter the retreat center premises to make adjustments to home electrical, HVAC or plumbing systems; however, this is not without first notifying guests of the potential interruption.
- Prairie Wind reserves the right to change rates at any time.
Weekend Retreat Registration Process
STEP 1). Complete the form on our Book Your Retreat page.
Please Note: Booking is not complete until you receive confirmation from Prairie Wind. We aim to respond to inquiries within 72 hours.
STEP 2). Next, a non-refundable $50 deposit fee is due to Prairie Wind within 2 weeks. Contact Prairie Wind- either by online Registration Form or by phone to discuss the method of payment (address and phone number are below). Options for payment: Credit card through Paypal, check in the mail, or cash.
STEP 3). When the $50.00 deposit fee is received, a permanent reservation is placed on your chosen dates. An email will be sent as a confirmation of your reservation.
STEP 4). If no deposit is received by the end of the two-week period, the dates will be made open on the calendar again, and you will need to contact Prairie Wind to reopen the registration and confirm the availability of dates.
STEP 5). 30 days prior to your weekend retreat, 50% of the weekend retreat rate is due. The method of payment will have been determined during the initial registration process. (50% rate of $100 weekend rate = $50.00, 50% rate of $120 weekend rate = $60.00) plus 6.875% tax rate.
STEP 6). Final payment is due at the time of check-in. An invoice with the remaining balance will be provided.
For canceled reservations, the $50 deposit will not be refunded. If cancellation is made prior to 30 days ahead of the retreat date, the deposit may be applied to a different available date.
Last-minute (48 hours or less) cancellations due to Minnesota NO travel advisories, will not be refunded, but registrants will be given the opportunity to apply deposit/payment to a new retreat availability date.
Send Checks to:
Prairie Wind Retreat Center
23721 380th Ave.,
Winnebago, MN 56098,
Phone Contact: 507-893-4740
POLICIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Check with us about availability!
Prairie Wind is an ideal setting for crafting groups and family/wedding groups. Have guests visiting for graduation or holidays? Need a few days away with your favorite crafting group? Check with us about availability!
At Prairie Wind, you and your friends will find roomy, beautiful, and comfortable spaces to rest, relax, and create. Priced with the small group in mind, we offer "Pay by the Person" rates!